Passionate Down Syndrome Mom Advocate, proficient in social media and blogging, management experience in my position as past Interim Executive Director of Lumind Research Down Syndrome, number of years experience working in Professional Education, Sales and Marketing at Johnson & Johnson in meeting planning, speaking events to include speaking at schools, United Nations for World Down Syndrome Day, Community Diversity Forums, Authored a book. Nominated in 2012 for Health Activist Award and in 2017 Winner for Advocating for Another.
AVAILABILITY: less than 10 hours/week
A personal lifestyle blog from a recognized special needs mom & lifestyle blogger, author and speaker. Sharing my vision of life as a special needs mom with posts about everyday life, while "Creating a Happy Home With a Little Something Special", where we talk about Down syndrome, Parenting, Advocacy, Education,fashion,s, a
Visit us at our Youtube Channel http://bit.ly/SpecialandDeterminedTV, and check out "Marla's Minute" #marlasminute
• Set the agenda and preside over general meetings
• Appoint sub-committee chairs
• Acts as the contact person for the Director of Special Education and meeting with Director on regular basis as schedules permit.
• Liaison on School Committee Diversity Council
• Work with schools on helping them with their middle school Diversity Clubs, be a liaison for school to help facilitate conversations and trainings.
• Managed operational tasks for the non-profit to budget, staff, attended national and research conferences for Down syndrome, attended Board meetings.
Speaker at the United Nations for World Down Syndrome Day on March 21, 2017 in New York. Spoke on a panel presented "Why Your Voice Matters"
Have been a speaker for the Intellectual Disabilities section of a program "Understanding Our Differences" at our Hopkins school.