Phyllis Kaplan has lived with type 1 diabetes since the age of two., and can tell you first hand that living with diabetes is not easy, yet she works hard not to let it stop her from accomplishing her goals..
She has a full time job as a manager at an educational publishing company, but her passion is helping others with diabetes connect with each other, as well as the information they need to manage their disease. She has helped several organizations launch programs for adults with type 1 diabetes, and serves as a patent Ambassador for Medtronic Diabetes .
Phyllis brings together years of project and program management with first experience living with a chronic disease dealing with everything from going off to college, finding the right doctor, clinical trials, advocacy, with a passion to make things better.
AVAILABILITY: 31-40 hours/week
• Design, implement, and oversee an educational program for adults with type 1 diabetes in an overnight camp setting.
• Play critical role in determining the focus and format of event by creating and distributing online surveys across the country; research and select topics, facilitators, and vendors through social media and networking.
• Secure in kind donations and corporate sponsorships to help offset operational costs.
• Serve as liaison between vendors and the program.
• Utilize multiple social media platforms to broaden the reach of participants beyond the greater New Jersey area to increase attendance.
• Create and manage online Facebook community for the event; engage and interact with program participants pre- and post-event through social media.
Promoted to Manager of Media Production after holding progressively responsible positions including Product Marketing Assistant, Subscription Management Services Coordinator Assistant Producer and Project Manager
Analyze workflow and present process improvement recommendations to senior management; implement process changes to boost productivity.
Manage production vendor relationships and communicate potential issues that could delay on time delivery by closely reviewing and monitoring production schedule.
Monitor quality of work completed by production vendors.
Supervised the productivity of a 40-person team using specially designed database reports.
Establish and maintain the production process for 3rd party e-book platforms
Evaluate project schedules to ensure on time delivery. Communicate data integrity & potential issues that could delay on time delivery.
Effectively lead high performance team of project managers
Conceptualize and implement a project management standard, leading to 95% of projects completed before deadline.
Train sales force on new product features.
• Work closely with Medtronic Social Media Team
• Serve as co-team lead of the Ambassador Social Media Cohort
• Train Ambassadors on how to effectively interact and engage; serve as an ongoing resource for Ambassadors
• Maintain in depth knowledge of MiniMed products and offerings.
• Relay customer feedback to the Medtronic team
• Generate sales leads through social media and at live events