I am a marketing and communications professional specializing in digital health and social media, with particular interest and experience in community management and building. I enjoy working with organizations that possess a strong sense of mission and purpose.
My areas of speciality are writing for healthcare and nonprofits, social media strategy and implementation, digital marketing, web content creation, and translating technical or medical concepts into consumer friendly language.
After graduating from Boston College with my BA in Psychology, I worked in digital health for about 5 years before leaving the full time world to start my own business. I take on freelance projects through my business, Janelle Communications LLC.
I have a passion for helping others and using digital and social media to educate groups.
AVAILABILITY: 21-30 hours/week
• Managed full digital and social media strategies global healthcare clients, including Novartis and Abbot Pharmaceuticals.
• Developed and managed content and curation for all Novartis social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Flipboard, YouTube, and Flickr.
• Served as the Facebook and YouTube senior strategy specialist for Novartis Global Corporate Social Media.
• Developed and wrote content for unbranded pharma patient education websites.
Experience with: Hootsuite, Sprinklr
Managed all social media for PatientsLikeMe, including health campaign development and content creation for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Linkedin.
• Served as company-wide strategist for all social media communication.
• Developed metrics for social media measurement tied to the cost of patient acquisition and engagement, increasing the value of social media to the company.
• Cultivated key community relationships to increase PLM’s campaign reach via social media.
Managed Health Coach program, provided individual health coaching for students, coordinated communications for the Continuing Education department.